An itchy or flaky scalp is something that affects most people at one time or another. In order to care for the skin we take the least care of, we talk to Daniel Mullette, Manager of Research at Unilever, to get his best tips.
1. Cleanse and detox. Use a mild shampoo that effectively removes dirt, pollution and product from your hair without stripping natural nutrients away from your scalp OR hair. These nutrients are essential for retaining moisture and a healthy appearance.
2. The source of the problem. If you have an irritated scalp it’s important to treat the problem, for which there are many causes. Clear® contains active ingredients to address the source of irritation, without sacrificing the beauty of your hair.
3. Nourish deep. Use a hair care system that is specifically formulated with ingredients to help rebuild the scalp’s functional barrier and allow the scalp skin to take care of itself. Clear® has Nutrium 10, a combination of skin identical lipids to provide the right foundation for healthy looking scalp.
4. Moisturisation is key. Moisture in the scalp and hair keeps them soft, supple & flexible. Look for moisturising ingredients such as glycerin and panthenol or nourishing oils such as Almond and Sunflower oils.
5. Regime, regime, regime. It’s really important to get into a regular routine of hair and scalp care with a product that works for you and stick to it. That’s the most effective way to keep the symptoms of a dry and irritated scalp at bay!